Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I was feeling morose that day. And I wanted to be alone. So, as I walked out of my department and headed towards my hostel, I decided to take the lane least tread upon, literally. It is a side lane to the main path that goes through our main building. I like it because of its silent nature and the trees that surround it. As I walked by, listening to my favorite song, the rustling of leaves and chirruping of birds forced me to stop and take notice. Parrots. They always reminded me of something funny. As I saw tiny parrot-siblings hopping on the swaying branches, I felt a weight lift from my heavy heart.
Squirrels were playing about. As there was no one on that lane, I started humming and then singing quietly. A smile silently crept on my face and spread itself wide. Life is like that. It has its own strange ways of teaching you to deal with it. My problems are not that bad, I reflected and moved on. As I went further ahead, my heart jumped with horror and I let out a cry. A dead crow lay sprawled near the end of the lane. I ran past the crow and shuddered, its image flashing again and again in my mind. I slowed down and paused for a while…. A feeling unknown before filled my whole being. Life’s like that. It has its own ways of making us realize certain things we never want to. And I don’t know why, but I felt my face giving away to a smile once more, but one that was quite different from the previous one.
“I am getting late for my lunch”, I said to myself and moved on…..

14 comments:

freak Show said...

kinda senti blog...... different from other blog..... cud been more expressive..... still a good attempt...
going good girl....!!!

Indranil said...

the unpredictability of life is amazing isn't it!!...u r treading on the right path ...keep exploring...

Unknown said...

hey i really didn't knew that u r sooooooooooooo good at writing skills

and the blog was wonderful
The blog reflected ur puzzled mind state but the blog must have ended wid some conclusion


wasie keep it up!!!
and keep sending me the links

Plain And Simple said...

philosophical touch....
bt dnt worry....lfe is like that!!

Proxy said...

Yeah... Life is definitely like that. Good attempt and an awesome post, I don't agree with Naman that you could have been more expressive. The more it would have been, the less would be the effect of the statement you made through it! Rest... yippie... you are soon coming back to Roorkee! :)

life's like that said...

@naman: hey abt being diff and senti... I am like that.
@priya: you know me....
@roxy: u understand me so well... i love you.

Mixi said...

this is a real good piece of writing soumya... keep up the good work... and come wat may, keep that sweet smile on your face.. coz Life's Like That...

Kamal said...

sth dat comes from inside is most beautiful the way it is....
and dis is one thing dat surely is straight from the heart.
jst remember the Parrots and smile ur way thru....

piyush said...

Ya i have already heard this stor from you and u put it just the way u told me...life can get shitty at times but its nice to know that there is always happiness around the corner...

Saagar said...

and you've been tagged.
check my blog for details.

Sandeep Mishra said...

Nice work duditte, keep goin'

Sandeep Mishra said...

Nice work duditte, keep goin'

Sandeep Mishra said...

Aur haan, do put that story of urs here... i dun remember the name... it went something like...ur cousin was to take away your doggy and... m'nt going to reveal all here, but w'd like to read it here.

Tarun said...

nice work girl!! i dint knw u r this gud at writing...gg ^_^