Monday, June 25, 2007

lazily yours

Hello everyone. This is the prologue to my blog. Before you read on, I consider it my duty to introduce myself to you. I love observing the ppl and the surroundings around me. And while I do this, I have noticed really interesting things. So I will let you take a sneak peek into my world.
Life is like that…. One summer night you are lying down on your bed at 3.50 a.m. (clearly I am not the sleep fairy’s favorite girl). At that time my thought process was something like this: “I am getting bored.”
“That’s because I have nothing else to do”
“What will I do all these vacations????”
“Oh….my….God!!!”(You see I had just finished a season of friends series)
and then my mind wandered to what my friends might possibly be doing. It was then that it struck me. All my friends were blogging away to glory while all I had done was to plan and daydream about having one of my own. So I thought why not I also do the same.
But it was not so easy. You see, I always mean good. But my lazy soul always gets in the way (my roomie can give you loads of testimony to this fact).
So there needed to be something motivating enough so that this lazy self got to business. So I asked myself… why a blog for me??? Here are some of the reasons I have come up with over the months:
1. all my friend have their very own blogs!!!(So what?? Why be a copycat??)
2. I kind of like writing sometimes. (doesn’t mean you have to do whatever you like!!)
3. maybe I will improve upon my writing skills.(So much for those skills.)
4. it’s the “in thing”.(keep me out of it.)
5. I will get to express those feelings which I am not able to discuss with my friends directly.(good one, but isn’t that too much of work!)
6. I have to prove my roomie wrong who knows me v well and thus says that I will never be able to start a blog; although she keeps motivating me to write one.( oh! I am above such frivolous revenges.)
And so I always ended up finding some excuse never to write a blog. So how come you are reading this one?? The truth is that this was the only thing left to do to kill boredom. And the truth is that now I really felt like writing one. So I put on my writer’s shoes(is there anything like writer’s shoes???) and on great public demand, here it is…my very first…. And to those who reached this far reading it…. Bravo ppl!!!
P.S. I sincerely hope that this is not my last one…..

10 comments:

Proxy said...

Hmmm... good gal! Finally! Sri gonna definitely applaud for this! And I'm not gonna let this be your last one now! Bravo... nice one!

Plain And Simple said...

hmm...finally!
proud of u...but let it last for long:)
All the Best!

life's like that said...

@roxy: thanx a lot!!
@priya: never say never ;)

piyush said...

i guess i can only say whats been reiterated in the blog and on the comments above..let the ball roll!!!

Kamal said...

hiiii,
well done!! now dat is wat i call perfect take-off. keep on going....
let the mysteries unfold.....
;)

Saagar said...

Good start kiddo
keep the blog going

Withered said...

Welcome to R blogspot. Please indicate if you will agree to our Terms and Conditions-

1. You shall blog, and only blog if you have nothing better to do.
2. You shall regularly post comments for your fellow bloggers.
3. You shall not name anyone in your blog.
4. You shall accept comments with grace and dignity.

Rights of an R blogger-
1. Right to profanity (sorry, but you get it)
2.Right to Freedom of Expression, subject to the willingness of the people involved to be named.
3. Right to delete improper comments posted on this blog.

Proxy said...

We want more!

life's like that said...

@perfectionist: i agree to all terms and conditions.

Indranil said...

hmmm....the new blogging sensation!!..
keep writing as we keep reading.. :-)